The K3 program at CCS is a hands-on “learn through play” environment for three-year-olds. Our program is designed to provide a happy and caring Christian atmosphere, providing students with opportunities for a variety of experiences designed to meet the emotional, cognitive, creative, social, and physical needs of each child.
A few of the reasons to visit us:
- Excellent teacher-to-student ratio
- Christian-based curriculum
- 10-month and 12-month program options
- Wide range of activities within a weekly thematic curriculum
- Well trained and highly qualified teaching staff
- Safe and secure environment
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snack provided
- Competitive tuition fee rates
Special Events: Johnny Appleseed Celebration, Grandparents’ Day in September, Donuts with Dads in February, Munching with Moms in May, and more!
With our K4 program, we are dedicated to giving your child the best start on life by laying the foundation for a lifetime of learning. We advocate helping children develop personal integrity and enable them to think critically, work cooperatively, and solve problems creatively. Our curriculum provides experiences that enable children to make sense of what they are learning and to connect their knowledge to everyday life. After-care is included, if needed.
- To provide an environment where children grow spiritually, physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
- To instruct the children from a Christian and Biblical point of view ,incorporating Bible stories and practices in Christian living.
- To nurture the children so they develop a positive self -concept and to equip them with the skills to build and broaden their interpersonal relationships.
- To provide a flexible program that includes a mixture of free play as well as planned activities.
- To develop skills in letter and sounds, simple phonic concepts, math, science, and social studies.
Curriculum & Daily Activities
A balanced curriculum for preschool children includes the following areas:
- Gross motor skills–running, skipping, hopping, and throwing
- Fine motor skills–finger plays, drawing, coloring and cutting
- Language/phonics–all letters and sounds, long and short vowel sounds, blends, phonic rules, sentence formation, reading blends to short three letter words, and sight words
- Math–recognizing and writing numbers 1-20, counting by one’s to 100, counting by ten’s to 100, telling time, money, and simple addition
- Social Skills–sharing, trading, playing, discussing manners, politeness, caring for others, respecting property, parallel play, playing together, child/child, child/adult
- Life Skills–health and safety, dressing, name, phone number, parents’ names, address
- Music–singing, dancing, and dramatic play
- Art–process more important than product
- Science–units that discuss the seasons, weather, physical science, earth and space, and life science
- Social Studies-character building, health and safety, holidays, famous Americans in history, and my big world with Clifford series.
Units and themes that are developed in preschool will draw from these areas. Many activities will center on holidays and seasons. All will be designed to draw from the child’s experiential background while also exposing him/her to the wonder of new and different experiences.
K4 class will participate in extracurricular activities, such as art, computer, library, PE, and music. The K4 class will also attend chapel once a week. Lower school chapel is scheduled for every Tuesday (8:20 a.m.-9:00 a.m.).
Scholastic book order forms will be sent home monthly. You may choose to purchase books for your child as gifts, to expand your home library, or for your child’s class.
Preschool Faculty & Contact Info
|Anderson, Katherine — Contact for K3 Enrollment Information
– Preschool Director
– K3 Lead
– Summer Camp Coordinator
A.A.S. in Early Childhood, Vance-Granville Community College
Years teaching: 14
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone Extension: 2124
– Pre-Kindergarten (K4)
– Homecoming Committee Sponsor
– Middle School Cheer Sponsor (Junior Colts)
Certificate of Christian Ministry
Certificate in Early Childhood Education
8 years as Pre-K teacher
4 years as a T.A.
8 years In-home Daycare using the Bob Jones curriculum
Email: email@example.com | Phone Extension: 2122
– Pre-Kindergarten (K3 & K4) Teacher Assistant
– Lower School & Middle School PE
– 9th Health
B.S. in Health and Physical Education, Longwood College
Elem. Ed. classes from St. Paul’s College and ODU
Years teaching: 17
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone Extension: 2122
– K4-8th Computer
– 2nd-5th Lower School Art
– 6th-12th Upper School Art
B.S. in Commercial Art/Graphic Design; Minor in Computer Technology & Marketing, Appalachian State University
Years teaching: 5
Email: email@example.com | Phone Extension: 2403
– Lower School Music
– 6th-8th Music & Chorus
A.A.S. in Fine Arts from North Greenville Baptist College
B.M.E. Choral from Winthrop University
M.A.C.E. from Campbell University Divinity School
Years teaching: 6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone Extension: 2404