“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Crossroads Christian School partners with parents to develop the whole child by providing a challenging academic environment in which to prepare men and women to serve Christ and their community from a biblical worldview.
Crossroads Christian School seeks to lead students to faith in Jesus Christ and to develop young men and women who adhere to a Christian worldview and prepare them to participate as Godly members of home, church, and society.
Philosophy of Education
The philosophy of education at Crossroads Christian School is to partner with parents to educate students in the essentials of culture and its arts and sciences, giving special emphasis to the Christian faith and the ethics revealed in the Bible. Our goals are to:
- prepare students to impact and serve Christ and their society through the proper teaching of all disciplines, academic and spiritual (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 3:18; II Peter 1:5-9; I Peter 1:13; II Tim. 2:15; Luke 2:52; Matt. 28:19-20);
- teach and affirm the divine inspiration of the entire Bible (II Tim 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21);
- teach of the creation of man and his environment by direct act of God (Gen. 1:1; Gen. 1:26,27, 31; Jer.1:5; John 1:1-3; Ps.139:13-16; Ps. 19:1-6);
- teach of the vicarious atonement for the sins of all peoples by the shedding of Jesus Christ’s blood on the cross (Romans 10:9; Rom. 3:23-25; Hebrews 13:12; Hebrews 9:22-28; I Peter 3:18; John 3:16; I John 1:7); and the resurrection of His body from the tomb ( I Cor. 15:3-4; I Peter 3:18; II Cor. 5:15; Hebrews 9:22-28);
- and teach of God’s power to save mankind from sin through the new birth of regeneration by the Holy Spirit and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God (John 14:6; I John 2:2; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:8-10; John 3:16-17; Titus 3:5; Rom.6:22-23; II Cor. 5:17).
Through implementation of these goals, we seek to prepare students to serve Christ and their community from a biblical worldview.
We believe that in all efforts, at all levels, and in all activities, these core values must be the foundation of our mission. We must do the following:
- partner with parents;
- develop the whole child for academic and spiritual excellence;
- teach and encourage a life-long love of learning;
- emphasize academic excellence in culture and its arts and sciences;
- encourage and model spiritual excellence in the Christian faith and biblical ethics;
- prepare students for a life that impacts and serves Christ and their community from a biblical worldview.
CCS seeks to produce graduates with a Christian worldview who:
- Understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Are well prepared in all academic disciplines, and are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking.
- Know, understand, and apply God’s Word in daily life.
- Personally respond to carrying out the Great Commission (Mark 16:15) locally and around the world in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Can articulate and defend their Christian worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews.
- Have the skills to question, solve problems, and make wise decisions.
- Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God.
- Are actively involved in a church community, serving God and others.
- Are empowered by the Holy Spirit and pursue a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love.
- Respect, and relate appropriately with integrity to the people with whom they work, play, and live.
Working with the Home
In promoting Christ-centered family values, Crossroads Christian School will endeavor to support and strengthen the family by sharing, when the opportunity arises, the plan of salvation with unsaved family members and by promoting spiritual growth within the family by encouraging consistent involvement in the local church. Crossroads Christian School encourages parents to realize their responsibility for the spiritual, moral, and social education of their children.
Expected Student Outcomes
As students successfully complete their academic experience at Crossroads Christian School, we expect them to also be aware of the life-long nature of their relationship with Christ, their growth in Christ, and the importance of being equipped to serve Christ for life.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11 and Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:9-10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18.