Our library/media center houses many books, videos, and magazines for students to check out. Both Mac and PC computers are available for research and printing. Parents of our students are also welcome to check out materials. For more information, contact Faye Flintoff, our librarian, at email@example.com.
READING ROCKS in the month of February!
Every February at CCS we celebrate our love for books in the library. This year we are hosting three events.
[ Download flyer ]
READ-a-thon: February 11 – 14
Kindergarten through 5th grade classes will enjoy relaxing in our “butterfly” lounge chairs and reading during their scheduled library period. Every minute they read can turn in to funds to expand our library resources when family members and friends make a monetary pledge (a pledge sheet is attached to this flyer). Please be a part of this fun(draising) event by signing up on a pledge sheet today. After the read-a-thon, each student will collect the funds he/she has raised. Depending on the total amount each class collects, our teachers will “POP” balloons to win prizes for their class.
WAX MUSEUM – February 25 and 26
Our 7th graders will be bringing to life men and women from our Christian heritage, like Jim Elliott, and Fanny Crosby. Lower and middle school students will have the opportunity to visit the Wax Museum. The admission is $1.00. (PS – Parents, you’re welcome to attend!)
BOOK DRIVE & BOOK SALE – February 4 – 28
- Used books will be on sale for $.25, $.50, $1.00 or $2.00
- Each student who donates at least 10 books and/or movies that the library can use will receive a “ticket” to select a prize from our “Treasure Chest” or “Sweet Machine.”
1) Books that are not yellowed, torn or having writing in them.
2) No magazines, coloring books, sticker books, pop-up books, Golden books, cardboard books, or “kid’s meal” books.
3) DVD and VHS movies (G-rated for lower / some PG-rated for upper school)